Let me start by making it clear what I’m NOT…
- I am not an agent or manager
- I am not a “coverage service” that farms out your script to freelance readers for a quick evaluation.
- I am not able to guarantee you will option or sell your script
What I AM…
A Los Angeles-based writer and consultant with over ten years of experience evaluating professional submissions to major production companies and movie studios and working directly with writers on their narrative stories.
I will read and analyze your work and advise you on how I think it can be improved to boost its craft and commercial potential. I’ve been working directly with writers like you for over 10 years now.
I will approach the first read of your script as a Reader on the job who was just handed a cold submission, so you will benefit from a simulation of the criticism of the spec submission/coverage process and the solutions offered in detailed story notes.
You’ll find I am very supportive, respectful and encouraging, but also candid and direct. Our industry is incredibly tough and all writers face a lot of competition. Those who don’t want to hear a different perspective on their own work simply don’t survive.
These are specific and thorough offering constructive criticism and rationale for my observations without pulling punches, followed by positive strategies for solutions.
I always strive to provide you with specific advice on producing a stronger draft closer to the level of quality that major Hollywood production companies demand from a professional submission.
Much of my unique insight comes from industry experience. I keep up to date on spec script sales, development slates of the major studios and production companies and the “buzz” in Hollywood in regards to scripted material.
NUTS & BOLTS
- I don’t charge an hourly rate – my consultations are a flat fee.
- The notes I offer are what I feel necessary for you to produce a stronger draft, according to my best assessment of your writing level.
- This is not a guarantee of success, but in my opinion it is the best help you can get.
Good luck, good words, and I hope to work with you soon!